Skin Tag Removal
What are skin tags? Skin tags are simply growths along the skin’s surface. These growths can be both benign and malignant, and usually present themselves as moles or bumpy discolorations. Generally, skin tags are painless and non-cancerous, and con be found anywhere along the skin’s surface. However, they have a tendency I form anywhere the skin creases or folds, such as:
- Under the breasts
Skin Tag Removal Some smaller skin tags may fall off on their own or can be rubbed off by hand. However, for larger skin tags minor, semi-invasive procedures are required. Some methods for skin tag removal are:
- Cryotherapy: Freezing of the skin tag and the area surrounding the skin tag using liquid nitrogen.
- Excision Surgery: Removal using scalpel or surgical knife.
- Electrosurgery: Using electricity, skin tags can be burned off.
- Ligation: a surgical method that ties off the blood supply to o skin tag, using a surgical thread.
- Laser resurfacing: Some skin togs can be removed using a high heat laser.
Depending on what type and the size of the skin tog that is on the skin’s surface, we will suggest a specific course of treatment. Treatment is not necessary, as skin tags are usually harmless, however for cosmetic reasons their removal is very popular.